Start your nationwide Inmate Record Lookup now
South Carolina SCDC Inmate Search
Get detailed records of inmates serving their sentence in South Carolina state prisons which are maintained by South Carolina Department of Corrections (SCDC).
County jails, police jails, city jails in South Carolina maintains all the inmate database records individually and one can go to their individual website for detailed information.
Detailed instructions on SCDC Inmate Search are given below so that you can lookup inmate information from the database across all prison types.
South Carolina Department of Corrections SCDC
The South Carolina Department of Corrections (SCDC) is the state agency responsible for the management and oversight of the prison system in the state of South Carolina, United States. Its primary mission is to protect the public by securely confining criminal offenders while providing them with opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration into society.
The SCDC is responsible for the operation of various correctional facilities, including prisons, work camps, and detention centers, throughout South Carolina. These facilities house individuals who have been sentenced to incarceration for a variety of criminal offenses.
In addition to managing and operating correctional facilities, the South Carolina Department of Corrections is also involved in various rehabilitation and reentry programs aimed at reducing recidivism and helping offenders successfully reintegrate into society upon their release. These programs may include educational and vocational training, substance abuse treatment, and various other services to address the needs of incarcerated individuals.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections plays a critical role in the criminal justice system of South Carolina by ensuring the safe and secure confinement of offenders and working to promote public safety through rehabilitation and reentry initiatives.
SCDC Inmate Search
Performing a South Carolina Department of Corrections SCDC inmate search can help you find information about individuals who are currently incarcerated in South Carolina’s correctional facilities. To perform an inmate search, you can use the SCDC’s official website or contact their records department. Here’s how to do it online:
- Visit the SCDC Inmate Search website: Go to the official South Carolina Department of Corrections website at https://public.doc.state.sc.us/scdc-public/. This is the official portal for conducting inmate searches in South Carolina.
- Agree to the terms and conditions: Before you can access the SCDC inmate search, you may be required to agree to the terms and conditions of use, which typically include guidelines on using the information responsibly and respecting privacy.
- Access the SCDC inmate search tool: Once you’ve agreed to the terms and conditions, you’ll typically find an option to search for inmates. Click on this option to access the inmate search tool.
- Provide inmate information: You will be prompted to enter specific inmate information, such as the inmate’s first and last name, SCDC ID number, or other identifying details. The more information you can provide, the more accurate your search results will be.
- Conduct the search: Enter the relevant inmate information and click the “Search” or “Submit” button.
- Review the search results: The search results will display a list of inmates matching the criteria you entered. This list will typically include details about the inmate, such as their full name, SCDC ID number, facility location, and release date, among other information.
- Select the inmate profile: Click on the inmate’s name or SCDC ID number to access more detailed information about the inmate, including their current status, sentencing details, and other relevant data.
Please note that inmate information is typically considered public record, but you should use this information responsibly and respect individuals’ privacy. Inmate databases are periodically updated, so the information you find should be relatively current.
If you encounter any difficulties using the online SCDC inmate search tool or need more specific information about a particular inmate, you can contact the South Carolina Department of Corrections directly for assistance.
What is a SCDC inmate id number?
An SCDC inmate number, also known as a South Carolina Department of Corrections (SCDC) ID number, is a unique identifier assigned to each individual who is incarcerated within the South Carolina state prison system. This number is used for tracking, managing inmates and performing a SCDC inmate search within the correctional facilities and in various administrative and record-keeping processes.
The SCDC inmate number is typically assigned when an individual enters the South Carolina prison system, either upon sentencing or after being transferred from a county jail. It serves as a primary means of identification for the inmate and is used in official documents, databases, and records related to their incarceration.
If you need to locate or identify a specific inmate in South Carolina, you can use their SCDC inmate number to ensure accuracy when conducting a SCDC inmate search or accessing information related to their status, sentencing details, and facility location.
How to obtain a SCDC inmate ID number?
Obtaining an inmate number (also known as an SCDC ID number) in South Carolina typically involves finding this information through official channels. Here’s how you can obtain an SCDC inmate number:
- Check Court Documents: If you are associated with the legal system, such as an attorney, you may find the inmate’s SCDC ID number on court documents related to their case.
- Contact the South Carolina Department of Corrections: You can contact the South Carolina Department of Corrections directly to inquire about an inmate’s SCDC ID number. They may provide you with the information you need. You can reach out to them through their official website or contact their administrative office or records department.
- Online SCDC Inmate Search: If you have some basic information about the inmate, such as their full name and date of birth, you can use the SCDC’s online inmate search tool to look up the inmate’s information. The search results will typically include the inmate’s SCDC ID number.
- Contact the Attorney: If the inmate has legal representation, you can contact their attorney or public defender to obtain the SCDC ID number. Attorneys often have access to inmate information.
- Contact the County Sheriff’s Office: If the inmate was recently arrested or is in a county jail awaiting transfer to an SCDC facility, you may be able to obtain their SCDC ID number from the county sheriff’s office or local law enforcement agency.
- Contact the Facility: If you know which correctional facility the inmate is located in, you can try contacting that specific facility. They may be able to provide you with the inmate’s SCDC ID number.
Please note that inmate information is subject to privacy regulations and may not always be readily available to the public. Additionally, the availability of information may vary depending on the circumstances and the specific policies of the South Carolina Department of Corrections.
When making inquiries about an inmate’s SCDC ID number, be prepared to provide legitimate reasons for needing the information and be respectful of the privacy and security considerations surrounding inmate records.
South Carolina Department of Corrections (SCDC) Inmate Searcher
Fill out the form below and receive a detailed report on an inmate. This includes current and previous arrest records, social media handles, current and previous addresses & phone numbers.
Prisons and Jails in South Carolina
General Stats for South Carolina
South Carolina Total No. of Inmates
Number of people under Probation Supervision
Prison population rate: 100,000 residents
Incarcerated individuals with sentences of 50 years or longer
Inmates sentenced to more than 1 Year in private prisons